"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Avid bicycle racer in my twenties and thirties. Realized I had to keep pedaling to finish the race! I use that logic in everything I do.
I'm truly thankful for all the people that have helped me along this journey! I make sure I do the same for other people.
"You can have everything in life, if you help enough people get what they want." -Zig Zigler
Latest posts by Thomas Wallace (see all)
- How Much Is Too Much Protein? - April 21, 2018
- How to Build More Muscle - April 20, 2018
- How To Improve Your Bench Press And Other Fun Lifts Too:) - April 19, 2018
How to Use Visualization to Achieve Success
What is visualization? For what can it be used? There is a lot of talk about visualization these days, and it may seem confusing. It’s more than daydreaming, different than meditation, and not a religious belief. Here is a brief explanation of visualization and how it’s used.
What Is It?
Visualization involves seeing yourself in certain situations with the expectation that the scenario will happen in real life. When you engage in visualization, you concentrate on something you want to achieve and imagine yourself achieving it. Some say this exercise heightens your awareness of those things around you that pertain to your visions. This is said to make you more apt to recognize opportunities and so forth.
Sources say that the brain is wired so that you become what you focus on. This explains, in part, why people can be so determined not to engage in a certain behavior that they end up engaging in it. They were so focused on what they didn’t want to do that they ended up doing it. Proponents of visualization take advantage of this mental process and turn it into something positive.
How Is Visualization Used?
Visualization can, technically, be used to achieve anything you like. However, it is generally applied to several main life circumstances and situations.
* Relationships – It is said that visualization can help relationships. Perhaps you could envision yourself in a successful marriage, or meeting your soul mate. Maybe you can visualize improving an existing relationship. Maybe you have dreams for your family relationships, and could use visualization to achieve a more harmonious home.
* Business – A lot of successful businessmen and women attribute their success to visualization, at least in part. Visualizing business success has been credited with increased income, more clients, and a strong sense of self-confidence.
* Self-Image – Visualization can be used to attempt improving your self-image. Using visualization techniques, you can imagine yourself as a confident, competent, popular person. Hopefully, these dreams will then begin to play out in real life, starting a cycle of continuing boosts to your self-esteem.
How Do You Do It?
When you practice visualization, there’s a bit more involved than just daydreaming. When you seriously visualize the hopes of creating life changes, you need to be specific in your goals and imaginings. Your visualizations are supposed to be targeted toward those specific goals. Visualization infuses more energy, focus and vividness into your dreams.
When you visualize reaching your goals and dreams, you are meant to imagine the very smells, sounds, and feelings that surround the scenario. The brain is said to blur the line between observing something in real life and something imagined, enhancing the possibility that the scenario will come true.
Have A Great Day!